Wednesday 8 January 2014

New Toy - New Lens

New Toy

Bought a new camera lens of fleabay the other day and a football sized ball of bubble wrap arrived this morning

I mean was it well packed or what as the lens itself, a 10mm fish-eye, is tiny, only half filling the box it came in which was, just, a 3" cube. But kudos to the seller as there was no way this lens was going to get damaged, short of nuclear fallout..

So you just have to play with new toys..... just to check they work you understand.... and the result is the pic on the left of my humble abode and bearing in mind that this is a fish eye lens with, about, a 170 deg angle, my very small abode and yes that's the front end of a VFR on the mug.

The camera is a Samsung NX20, to which I upgraded to from the NX200 as I found myself really missed the optical viewfinder of my old Nikon 90X set up that I used for my pics in the 90's. It was a really nice handling camera but with cost of all the lenses and developing, in those days, it did keep me fairly brassic.

Like all new cameras its full of bells, whistles and effects, some of which are even useful, did think that this "sketch" effect was pretty cool though.

I always considered photographs as "other peoples memories" and, to that end, lately it has been really good to get so many great comments back from those posted to date.

Well time to put some clothes on (please........ refrain yourselves....) and go out and find some more victims for Facebook.

ttfn

No comments:

Post a Comment