Sunday 4 September 2016

Most nights, when I sleep I dream...

Most nights, when I sleep I dream...

Most of these dreams are weird and very multi tangent

Mostly I remember snippets of these upon waking but they fade to quickly when I try write them down

But some just keep reoccurring… more fleshed out each time…

This is a synopsis of the latest…


Standing on an edge above the universe yet seeing everything right in front of me... The wars.. The lovers.. The stupidity of most races…

Trying not to look, to hard, in one direction for as soon as I do I’m there and a puzzle to solve before I am back standing on that edge again...

This time it’s Anguilla a small green planet in the Kellion system a few million human like people on a few trillion tons of rock

The water here is thicker, than most, and little life exists in the shallows but in it’s deepest depths there are the beginnings of another race. The next to inhabit Anguilla… possibly…

The puzzle, maybe, is whether to help those already here or those who will be...

Anguilla is lucky in that it only has three races.. The Klemmen, the Gueeds and the Angs, who are the remains of the first race...

For longer than recorded time the three have never all been in agreement, and peace... There is always some small part of their world being argued over…

For the Anguillians do not fight wars… None of the races produce many offspring and each just wishes to survive…

But those emerging from the waters will not be the same… they can spawn in thousands when the food supply is good.. or less when it is not… so all they will see is food…

For when a mind is simple it just wants to survive. It has no thoughts of learning, no thought of art, no concept of crime…

I look at Aelion the leader of the Angs and marvel as his skills. Stand amazed at the sculptures he takes decades to make and the patience he has to teach others...

I look at Gldes the leader of the Gueeds and am impressed with his guidance of his people to greater learning and the written arts...

I look at Kmlem the leader of the Klemmen and find such wisdom within this single person and how he imparts it to all his people, simply stunning...

In all this vast, beyond comprehension, universe there are few places that in their isolation evolve in, relative, peace… War is the norm… Greed is the driver… Jealousy it’s mistress…

So why am I here…

This time there is no puzzle… only to sit and watch and learn…

To learn the hard fact of existence…

I have helped so many end their war or started one to end their suffering but …

Did I really do anything…

I sit and watch for millennia…

Watch the waves of creatures who have no name, climb out of the sea…

They crawl then walk across the land and eat all they come across, all but those who hid to deep…

Then the swarm retreats back to the oceans, to where the food is now…

And the few survivors that are left come out of hiding…

Their statues dust, their scriptures rotted away but their knowledge of what was still clear…

They build again... The three races appear again and Anguilla rises once more but all is not peaceful and there is war... 

For those who saw the desolation passed down the memory of what was lost… some sort to recreate it and others let loose the greed they had suppressed before and sort to own it all…

I have no concept of ownership, or greed, so cannot understand those who do

A lesson never learnt is that in whatever a race thinks it is true… That truth exists for only as long as that race exists…

I learnt…

To help others, both in starting and ending wars... But to wish the need was not there

To understand the beauty of the moment perfection is created… A statue carved, a great novel written, an understanding reached or, simply, someone finding their soul mate...

I understand this beauty does not need war to exist but those who crave ownership and greed do not

Millennia of destruction offset by moments of perfection, is their legacy… 

But in the end everything is lost in the timeless eternity...

I saw the worlds before this creation and I will see the worlds in the next for eternity is longer than even I can comprehend...

I am not a God...

I have no, and want none, possessions...

I have no power other than what you give me...

I am one of many...

I am a thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment