Friday 24 July 2015

All these FaceWebTweets about the NHS..


Posted this on my Facebook page but thought I would add it here to...

I think that the UK governments of the last few decades have not wanted an National Health Service. It has been consistently let down and miss managed - staffing reductions - people "coerced" into working more hours for less pay whether booked or voluntary...

I have seen the most caring acts in hospitals and care homes and I have also seen "Indifferent" and callus acts on the elderly..

When my father was first diagnosed with cancer they told us he had only a few days, maybe weeks to live... that was bad enough but then Mum collapsed and was taken in with something they could not diagnose - she lay there for weeks with feeding tubes in her shoulder, as she could not keep solids down, that turned septic three times, to my knowledge, and lost a nearly a third of her body weight... she got better... by herself... so they sent her home....

The ulcer on her pancreas, that has had failed to notice, burst nearly killing her again... back in for another short stay as thankfully her body washed out all the toxins from the ulcer and whatever caused it in the first place...

All this while my father was using the pain to keep himself going for another nine months until everything just, simply, gave out...

Should my mothers ulcer have been found sooner - YES....

Should my father have been left laying there with a drain tube hanging from his stomach into a bucket next to his bed because it was easier than changing the bag - NO

Am I complaining about the quality of service they received NO... Should I?...

When my mother died it was mainly because of the out of hours doctor who incorrectly diagnosed the type of pneumonia mum had... So the antibiotics her gave her were totally ineffective but the autopsy/ police investigation (as mums death was “sudden”) cleared the doctor because he HAD diagnosed pneumonia.... All be it the wrong type...

I could write about my sister but my close friends already know about that..

I read a myriad of posts on here about the present staffing problems... There not new, just ongoing....

Thirty... Forty years ago the government were told you need more of this that and the other only to do none of it... And now everything gets built/ done with foreign money....

The government would much prefer us to go private but as that's an election loser they will just use time and tactics to achieve that end... Why should we have a free health service when we can have one that businessman will make money out of...

We train the best in the world to go away and work elsewhere and then we take in locums that do not know... well I'll leave that comment to you

The problem is in the ideology that one person is more important than another... And until that is sorted nothing else will be...

Cuts in staff and services are inevitable as long as the present “the only thing that's important is profit” system lasts...

How can “we made 2 billion this year so we must make 3 next year or we are a bad company” or “we must pay X millions for a football player” ever lead to better staffing levels... better care....

We managed better before money than we do now - But we still killed each other for being “different”

We have more... But most of it just gets chucked into a cupboard.... Or sold for the next “new” thing...

And still others want what we have... Or want to kill us...

How little I wonder has really changed

As long as people are greedy or lust after what others have we will need money...

Do away with want, greed and ownership.. you do away with money as well... Now there's a thought..

So choose what you want to worry about...

Me I’ll sit and watch the government build all these houses for people who will leave when the “benefits” of being here run out...

No comments:

Post a Comment